- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello performed another steamy rendition of their hit song “Señorita” at Sunday night’s American Music Awards.
- Taylor Swift was caught by cameras experiencing a roller coaster of emotions throughout the performance.
- Just as with their VMAs performance, the couple yet again teased a kiss that never happened.
- They did, however, lay on some PDA from their seats in the audience.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
In another steamy session from the couple, who have reportedly been dating for months, the audience yet again waited with anticipation for an onstage kiss that never came.
The best part of the performance, however, just might have been Taylor Swift‘s expression in the crowd.
It started like any other “Señorita” performance, with Cabello looking muy caliente in a red dress, Mendes in a sleeveless vest, and a lot of intimate singing.
As the song was introduced, Mendes showed off his muscles while strumming the guitar as Cabello walked over to him seductively showcasing some serious vocals.
The two got closer and closer until they were literally face to face and singing into the same microphone.
As all of this was going on, Swift, who was hanging in the crowd with the American Broadway performer Billy Porter, was undergoing a roller coaster of emotions.
First came total shock.
Next came excited anticipation. She even nudged Porter when it all got too much.
As Teen Vogue’s De Elizabeth tweeted, Swift’s reaction to the performance was “a mood.”
—De Elizabeth (@deelizabeth_) November 25, 2019
Ultimately, however, Swift was let down, much like the audience during the couple’s VMAs performance, which turned out to be a big tease.
The couple, who took home collaboration of the year for the hit song on the night, didn’t walk the red carpet together.
They were seated next to each other, however — and even though they didn’t end up kissing onstage, they made up for it by cuddling.
Cabello’s relationship with Mendes provided major inspiration for her coming album, “Romance,” which has a December 6 release date.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Cabello said writing songs together really kickstarted their romance.
“An energy was there from the beginning, but after that song, we didn’t spend as much time together,” she said. “Our paths just didn’t cross in that way romantically until we started hanging out again and writing. For me, it just brought it back.”
You can watch their performance in full here:
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
- Read more:
- ‘Game of Thrones’ superfan Camila Cabello freaked out and presented Emilia Clarke with a toy dragon after meeting her and Jason Momoa for the first time
- Camila Cabello says she ‘really, really’ loves Shawn Mendes in new interview
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello shared an Instagram video showing ‘how we really kiss’ after people accused them of kissing like fish
- Celebrities chanted ‘make out’ and ‘kiss’ at Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello during their VMAs performance, and freaked when it turned out to be a big tease
- Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes have been reportedly dating for months — here’s a timeline of their relationship
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe