- Actress Laura Dern appears to have made her TikTok debut this weekend on her daughter Jaya Harper’s account.
- The “Big Little Lies” star cuts off Harper’s TikTok dance to the song “Say So” by Doja Cat to perform a few moves herself, and then jokingly pushes her back into frame so that Harper topples over.
- Dern isn’t the first celebrity mom to make an appearance in her kid’s TikTok. She isn’t even the first “Big Little Lies” actress to do so.
- Both Reese Witherspoon and Victoria Beckham have made TikToks alongside their kids, and in Beckham’s case, he wanted his mom to do so to boost his engagement on the platform.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Watch out Reese Witherspoon – Laura Dern has arrived to take the TikTok mom crown. The “Big Little Lies” actress made her debut on the short video-sharing platform this weekend on what appears to be her daughter Jaya Harper’s account.
In the video, which had yet to take off with less than 3,000 views as of Sunday afternoon, Harper starts doing the popular TikTok dance to the song “Say So” by Doja Cat. Then, her mom steps in front of her and finishes off part of the dance before exiting the frame and jokingly pushing her daughter back in, causing her to fall to the ground.
Despite the lack of attention it’s received so far, the comment section is full of iterations of “Is that Laura Dern?” Celebrity gossip hound Perez Hilton also popped in to comment: “Here before this blows up!!”
Harper isn’t the first celebrity’s kid to make use of their famous parent. Witherspoon’s 15-year-old son showed her how to do some TikTok dances, too, and Victoria Beckham told Ellen DeGeneres that her son Romeo was using her on TikTok to gain more followers.
Dern may return to show off more moves because Harper clarifies in her bio on the app that she has “an addiction.” She’s only just started posting, but once Dern’s stans find her, she’s sure to blow up.
- Read more:
- These are the 32 biggest stars on TikTok, the viral video app teens can’t get enough of
- TikTok is fueling the viral success of a toy capsule with tiny versions of everyday household brands — and they’re selling out in stores and online
- A YouTuber called out 2 TikTok stars for a prank where they pretended to be in a violent, abusive relationship
- TikTok is a ‘wild west’ for influencers. Here are some of the ways they’re trying to make money on the viral video app.